March 9, 2012
I will try and write in this blog this morning and let you
know that I am doing better. The rash I
have been covered in is finally starting to subside and lighten up which
started miserably on January 28. I have
been following the dermatologist and doctors plans faithfully. I also implemented a couple of my own plans; the first being to cover it up and try and
forget it and get on with my life which wasn’t easy when it itched, I wasn’t
exercising because movement caused more itching and made matters worse but I
finally on President’s Day decided to start walking anyway, a couple of weeks ago I got a baby foam
natural body wash to use in the shower and baby laundry detergent and started
washing the sheets and clothes, and finally I am starting to see the rash leave.
On February 24, I met with my cancer doctor and he stopped the
taper of the steroids and upped the dose to 40 mg and said to stay on the
steroids at the 40 mgs and see him in ten days if it wasn’t gone. On Wednesday, March 7, it was ten days and it
still was not gone.
I had two doctor appointments on Wednesday the first with the
dermatologist and the second with my cancer doctor. I met with the dermatologist and he took me
off the two medicines I was taking for the itching because the itching has
finally stopped and gave me a more mild cream to put on my skin and said he
didn’t need to see me unless it flared up again. Then I met with a hematologist who met with
me before my cancer doctor. When my
cancer doctor still saw the rash he left my steroids at 40 mg and said in ten
days if the rash is gone then I can go down to 30 mg for two weeks and then
come and see him if the rash is not gone then stay at 40 mg.
This rash has kept me off all other maintenance drugs and I
will be starting the year maintenance when I am cleared up. Right now they are just trying to get rid of
this rash.
I have been walking almost every day since President’s
Day. I am so weak that the first day I
went to the end of Beacon Heights plus two houses, but right now I am walking
probably close to a mile. I get up early
and walk before Morrie goes to work and take a cell phone. The steroids are really hard on me, but I am
trying to be patient because I know that they are the best treatment for the
rash. I am not driving because they
affect my strength and my thinking.
Morrie is patiently waiting for me to get better too. He has applied for long term disability and
will be ending working sometime soon.
Angela came yesterday and we zoomed here and there. It was fun to go out and move at a different
pace. She came from dropping Jason off
at work and she was only here during the day. We had a good time. Rebecca came and we even had time to play
Barbies. Brett stopped by for a short
while and he play Uno with Rebecca they were talking about rhyming Uno. He came
up with a dog he knew Bruno.
I have tried to get out and about a bit more. I have a little cough and a runny nose that I
have picked up, but nothing serious. I
have tried to keep my hands washed and always wear a face mask when I am outside.
I am trying to figure out what I am suppose to be doing, but
also enjoying this time and trying to get stronger both mentally and
physically. The days seem to be going
by so quickly and I am so looking forward to Spring. I have been mostly sewing, knitting,
crocheting, cooking, cleaning, a little weaving, reading, Words with Friends,
Scramble, talking on the phone and T.V. at night. When you are not running here and there it is
amazing what you can accomplish, but it is also amazing how quickly the days
can go by.
I have learned a lot about patience these last few
weeks. But for the most part I still
feel very blessed by the Lord and loved by so many. I am grateful to Morrie who has been
constantly by my side for every appointment and need. I am also grateful to Mark Silver who so
understands our situation. I am grateful
to all of you who care so much I want you to know that I love you.
1 comment:
Spring is here, and the birds and flowers are all reappearing. Soon the longer days will bring warmth and new life. I hope you are feeling better, and I hope that the good weather will lift your spirits and make this difficult journey more bearable. You are an inspiration to so many, and we all wish you well. Much love.
Post a Comment