Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Look Good Feel Good

April 10, 2012


Look Good Feel Good

Today I took a class called “Look Good Feel Good” sponsored by the American Cancer Society.  The class was at the Huntsman Cancer Center on 5300 south, at the new IHC hospital.  The class was two-fold; first to learn how to apply make-up and second to learn how to apply head dressings, hats and wigs.  The make-up was fun because I don’t wear make-up now and they showed me how to apply the right colors and amount to highlight my face with some color. 

The wigs came out and everyone was interested, but not willing to try them on.  So, I volunteered and they put on about 10 different wigs.  It was so amazing to see how really different I could look by changing a wig.  It was funny to watch the expressions of the class each time they put a new wig on.  The first wig was not a hit and I could tell by the class even before I got a mirror that it did not work for me.  The second wig was blonde and everyone’s expression reflected how much they liked it.  At the end of the class everyone in the room liked it the best.  It made me look about 20 years younger and went well with my lighter skin color now.  It was blonde, straight, and hung just above the shoulder. 

It seems hard to think of a wig when I have gone so long without hair, yet I know that I will not have much hair for a long time.   It seems hard to think about wearing a wig that is not my natural hair, yet I know that the hair that comes in will not look like my natural hair either.  So, there is a possibility I may have a new look coming soon.  Twenty years younger???

No comments:

Post a Comment