Friday, November 11, 2011

Drugs Again

November 11
I just got back from the Wellness Center at the Huntsman Institute.  I had an acupuncture appointment.  I find that I have more things to complain about each time I go which means I get more pins placed in me in different places. 
I was feeling really good last weekend because I had not been on any drugs for a while, but I can tell I have slowed down somewhat since Tuesday.   On Tuesday I started on an intravenous injection of Velcade and Dexamethasone and every evening I take Thalidomide and a shot of Enoxaparin.  I also take Levofloxacin on Tuesday and Acyclovir daily.  This will be my regiment for the next four weeks.  They will do a series of tests around the middle of December to check for cancer.  These tests will be used for the start of the second stem cell transplant if the insurance approves it.
The weeks seem to fly by I can’t believe it is the middle of November.  I have been trying to walk every day.  I still wear a mask when I am out walking.  I do find that if I exercise and walk that the drugs have less effect on me.  I walked for about an hour and did my exercises yesterday and I felt much better.  I met with the trainer early Tuesday and worked out at the fitness center before my appointment at the BMT. 
Morrie and I went to church this last Sunday for the first time in months.  We went late and sat in the back and left before the closing song.  Angela came for a few days this week and got me out to several different places.  Morrie and I went out Saturday, but when we got to Costco and the parking lot was fuller than at Christmas I stayed in the car. 
Enjoy your weekend.  Thank you for caring about me and my family.

1 comment:

truthunter said...

Keep going, you are amazing and I know you will be better than ever when this is over. xoxo

Post a Comment