Saturday, January 21, 2012

I Made it

January 21, 2012
This week has been cancer all week.  Every day like a ground hog day:  the routine get out of bed and get ready to go to the BMT, stay there for four to five hours, come home eat lunch find something to do in the afternoon, sew, read watch a movie, have a great dinner, get ready for bed and start all over again.  I have been very weak so each routine takes me a long time.  One of the biggest problems is that it kills the cells in you digestive track.  It makes eating more like walking a tightrope.  It is hard to explain.  Eating becomes not the taste of food but how it reacts at each stage.  Many foods get eliminated.
The week started out with Sunday Angela stayed over for three days.  She would work on the house while Morrie took me to the clinic. This week I received mostly a nepragen shot, Invanz infusion is an antibacterial drug and saline.  Each day we watch the white blood cells first dip low and then start to come back up.  Friday was a hard day because I had remember last time I went into the hospital but Friday is gone and no hospital. 
Surprise!  Today my stem cells have engrafted and I am not nuetropenic any more and no engraftment syndrome.   I made it.  That means that my body has built enough new white blood cells on their own to be safe.  It truly is a miracle!!!
I am weak but encourage.
I am up for phone calls. 

2 comments:

jbroclayto said...

So glad to hear it! You are a wonderful and inspiring neighbor and friend

truthunter said...

I am happy that you are done and doing so well!

Post a Comment