January 9, 2012
Morrie took me to the BMT today I had my second and last treatment of Melphalan the strong drug that kills all fast growing cells. This includes my hair cells, my digestive tract, and all cancer cells and the bone marrow cells. I had to pack my mouth with ice because it tends to create mouth sores. My mouth was not happy to do this a second time for 1 ½ hours, but I made it through.
Morrie will take me tomorrow morning at 10:30 am I will have my frozen stem cells thawed out and infused back into my blood stream. This is the second stem cell transplant. And the last for a long time I hope. Then after that the next few days we will see all my blood levels going down.
I am sitting in the sun and enjoying the warmth, but feeling pretty drugged and looking forward to a rest period. We ran a few errands after the clinic, and picked up some lunch so I am full and feeling tired.
I need to thank my mom for all her support through this process. She has cooked dinners on Sunday, and ran errands and is always look for little things she can help with. Checking on me daily, and getting the word out to other people. Plus, she is a loving caring person that loves me and would do anything I ask.
Another special thanks to Liz Dunham who is again coordinating the meals, calendar and backup support. It is hard to have to do this two times and we so appreciate her willingness. And thanks to everyone who has helped with the awesome dinners in the past and who have willingly signed up in the future. We love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment