Monday, I met with my doctor and he was happy with the progress of the rash and therefore reduced my steroids to 10 mg a day. I am feeling better with each reduction of medicine. He still has not put me on any other drugs. He said that the steroids are a cancer treatment. I asked him if this counted as my one year maintenance. He just laughed and didn’t answer. I already know the answer is no, but I had to ask anyway. My glucose was high and he took my blood again. The nurse said the steroids could cause the glucose to be high. I will meet with him again in a month.
The cancer is still zero total remission, the doctor acts
like of course it is, when I ask him. I
am still not used to my cancer being totally gone.
Do I have hair?
Morrie says I have hair, I would ask you does a peach have hair? I would say not. So, if describing what I have on my head it
is more like peach fuzz and not hair. This
fuzz started about two weeks ago. I am
not sure what color the fuzz is, possibly black.
Morrie wanted to know why I don’t like black hair. I said because nothing else goes with
black. My complexion is not dark, my
eyebrows are not black, and my eyes are blue.
Most people with black hair have a dark complexion, black eyebrows and
brown eyes. Oh, I could get a wig for about
$350.00, wow, but I am not sure I would be committed to wearing it especially
in the heat of the summer!
Morrie will be having a hernia operation tomorrow. He has put this off for over a year it will be good to have it done. Today is his last day at work, he will be on Long Term Disability for his Parkinson's. I am not sure what I will do with him home all day every day, but then I am not sure how long it will be before I go back to work. I can see a big improvement from how I am doing now compared to a couple of months ago. So, I feel that another couple of months I should be feeling pretty good and realize that I am at the end of this journey.
I end this entry with a special thank you and love to all of you and a grateful heart for all our many blessings.
1 comment:
Good luck to Morrie and I hope everyday brings you closer to WELL.
Post a Comment