Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Face Mask

August 30

Today I had to start wearing a face mask when I am in the general public. I wore one when Morrie and I walked through the lobby and in the waiting room at the Huntsman Institute.

I am feeling more like myself again. I am up for phone calls anytime today. We have scheduled visits for 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. tonight please call before you come, and be so kind to take off your shoes, sanitize your hands and have your temperature taken. No children today. I will try and make a current posting of visits and phone calls each day. There is an envelope on my front porch for notes along with a white board of the daily schedule.

At the BMT Clinic, the P.A. said I've done remarkably well during this whole process, that was pleasing to hear. My blood is low but that is what is to be expected. My creatinine was above the normal just a little, but not enough to worry about. After tomorrow I will be off most of my pills until the stem cell process is complete because they interfere with the stem cell collection. The stem collection is a guessing game it's up to the body to say when to start. The P.A. thought it might start Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, in the mean time Morrie and I have to be at the BMT everyday starting Friday at 7:00 am waiting for it to start, like waiting for a baby. Luckily, I am a early riser, but it will take Morrie a little to get his eyes open especially Saturday and Sunday ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment