Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"Miss Neutropenality" Are Neutropenic

August 31

I didn't sleep well last night because I didn't get any exercise yesterday, so Morrie was up and walking with me first thing this morning. 

I have kept this blog simple, but today I am giving you a word from the stem cell transplant language that at first boggled my mind so one day.  I was frustrated with it and blurted out to  Angela when I become "Miss Neutropeniality" we were learning not only the word Neutropenic and it's meaning but how to pronounce it properly. 

Well, I have arrive.  I am neutropenic which means that I have a low absolue netrophil count and are prone to infections.  Netrophil is a class of white blood cells that helps the body fight infections.  Today is my last day for anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral pills.  Tomorrow I will be most susceptible to infections.  I will reach neutropenic at each phase of the my treatment. 

Morrie is my care giver today, so I told him to remind me to wash my hand, stay away from those who are sick, and wear a mask.  Daily we are wiping down those places I touch.  This keeps us busy. 

There will be no visitors Thursday, or Friday.  Phone calls, emails are welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment