Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Change of Scenery

October 20
Yesterday, I had a day with no appointments.  Beth and Theo took me to Mt Aire for a drive to see the leaves on the trees.  I went for a short walk around the bend of the cabin and enjoyed the beautiful canyon with all the leaves changing.  It was a nice day.  Morrie went to work all day. 
Brett was getting ready for the Ragnar Race.  He had his mustache shaved like when he won the Ragnar Relay Mustache contest.  He looked fantastic.  He left for St George that is where they will be staying.  The race is Friday and Saturday in Las Vegas starting at Lake Mead and ending in Las Vegas.   Scott will be leaving tonight to run the race also.
Scott came over before he went to work.  Mom, Vilate, came up and visited for a while so the day went by quickly.
Today Morrie took me to the BMT Clinic at 10:00 am.  I got a Zometa infusion the drug for bone density which is given to me once a month.  I still have a little rash, but the PA said “you are doing fantastic”.  I am swollen especially my feet from the Prednisone they are treating the rash with, but I will finish that in two days and the swelling will go down.  They also gave me four potassium pills. 
My next appointment will be to see the doctor on October 28.  I feel like I am coming out of the woods into real life again.  It has been 16 days since I received my stem cells.  I am amazed at the whole process that I have been through.  Yes, there were some difficult times, but  I feel really really blessed and strengthened from prayers, both personal and from the temples, and the support of family and friends through the many dinners, cards, emails, phone calls, and thoughts.  I am so blessed to know you all, you have been a tremendous help to me on this journey.  All I can say is I love you all so much.
Phone calls any time before 9:00 pm and no visits for a few more days.



No comments:

Post a Comment