Sunday, October 9, 2011

Low 0.02

October 9
Morrie and I left for the BMT Clinic at 9:00 am this morning and made it home by 11:00 am.  I had a good day at the clinic today.   We found that my white blood cells are at a low 0.02 this means 20 where normal is 4,000.  I received a Velcade and Invanz infusion.  Velcade is a drug that kills the cancer and Invanz is an antibacterial drug.   I am on probably one of my worst days to be “nuetropenic”.  I am excited I will be done with two of my medicines after tonight and that I don’t have to take them anymore.  One is Dexamethasone and the other is Thalidomide.  
I am still feeling good.  It has been a slow day.  I haven’t done much today, but read.  I am just trying to eat and drink as much as possible to keep my strength up. 
Phone calls from 7:00 – 9:00 this evening.  No visitors for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment