Thursday, October 6, 2011

"It snowing"

October 6
It is evening and I wanted to write just a little.  I am not sure where to begin.  Right now I am feeling good.  I had been nauseated and weak this morning and I had a difficult time getting myself to the BMT.  We didn’t get there until about 11:30.   It was raining and cold.  By the time we started up the street Morrie said “it snowing”.  Sure enough there were wet flakes landing on our car.  I thought it would be a quick visit with labs and an infusion of a drug called Velcade, but we spent about 4 hours.  After the labs the P.A. decided that I wasn’t drinking enough fluids, so they gave me an IV of fluids.  This really seemed to help perk me up and I did get feeling better.  I don’t have to be at the BMT Clinic until Sunday - two days off -yippee. 
My blood is border “nuetropenic” just barely above.  The rest of the blood looks good and they are happy.  My liver is high, but they say that is to be expected with all the toxins from the drugs it has to process and the toxins released from the cells. 
Morrie seems to be feeling better today, too.  All in all things are good and we are continually blessed.  Please know we care about you all.
Phone calls from 7:00 – 9:00 evenings and no visitors for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment