October 18
I am finally home. I got home this afternoon at about 3:00 p.m. from the hospital. I am so glad that most of my treatment has been out patient. I am not sure where to begin. Part of me wants to forget the past few days and just be happy I’m home kind of like getting out of prison.
The treatment for the engraftment syndrome was exactly what I needed. It stopped the fevers and has started to take the rash away. The treatment is a high dose of steroids so my personality has changed a little and I have some swelling, but I am not complaining. I have tomorrow off, but need to be at the BMT clinic on Thursday for a check-up. I am looking forward to a day off and hope to be able to get out for a drive to see something different maybe some colored leaves.
I would love phone calls tonight until 9:00 p.m. or tomorrow any time. No visits still for a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment