It has been a couple of days since I posted in this blog.
I am so grateful for the beautiful weather, the cooler temperatures and bright sunny days. It is hard to believe that next week at this time I will be in the middle of the stem cell transplant phase.
Friday Scott drove Morrie and me to the BMT Clinic. We spent from 8:30 to 4:30 running from one test to another. We barely had time to grab a quick sandwich for lunch. I had to reschedule my appointment with the nutritionist because we didn’t have time to meet with her. I was tired, sore, and restless Friday and Saturday. Morrie was trying to count the tubes of blood that I had to fill, and got to about 25 or 26 tubes.
The people who work in the clinic and at the Huntsman Institute are wonderful caring people. They are also expert in the care they give. I am amazed at how well look after their patients. I was sitting in the clinic office after the PET/CT Scan and was cold. They asked me if I wanted a warm blanket and I said no I was fine, the next minute out they came with a warm blanket to put around my shoulders. That is the kind of constant care they give their patients. They are always asking what they can do for you and then just figuring out your needs and taking care of them. They are like angels and I love them very much. It makes it easy to trust in them to get you through.
I am also grateful to you for your prayers, that are like a warm blanket too, and for all of your constant care and concern for me and my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment